Sunday, October 26, 2014

Finding Carnie and Vinita

Another picture I came across in the antique store was a picture of a little boy with his baby sister. On the back of the picture were the names Carnie Finley and Vinita Finley.  Given that the names were so unusual, I felt sure I might be able to locate descendants of the family.  I haven't as yet, but I have been in touch with a man who did know the family.  He, in turn, is asking around to get an address or other contact information on the Finley family.  He did let me know that all of the immediate family of Carnie and Vinita were deceased, but he thought there was a granddaughter of Carnie's living in the midwest; and a grandson living in New Zealand.  Once I made contact with him, I went back to the antique store on another errand; to look for more Steinmetz pictures that I had seen there previously.  Lo and behold, I found another picture of Carnie, this time as an infant.  Carnie was born about 1909.  His sister was born about 1915.  I hope that Carnie's descendants can be located, so that these pictures can make their way home to the family.  I did post copies of the pictures on the Find-a-grave website for Carnie; along with details of the pictures and that I would like to get these photos back to the family.  Hopefully, some descendant of the family will one day contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment