Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Carnie and Vinita are heading home

The long awaited day has come.  These sweet pictures of Carnie Finley and his baby sister Vinita are finally heading home to their rightful family.  How thrilled I was to finally get in touch with Carnie's descendants to tell them of these sweet pictures!  It has been almost six months since I first found Carnie's pictures in an antique store in Christiansburg, Virginia.  For six months I have looked upon these pictures in the hopes of finding one of Carnie's descendants. I searched extensively, with little success.  Sometimes the photos would be carefully put away in my desk drawer; other times they sat upon my desk, nagging at me to search once again.  Such was the case a week ago, when once again, I gazed upon the photo and decided to search once more to see if I could find one of Carnie's descendants. This time in my search, I found an obscure reference to an obituary of Carnie's grandson who had passed away in 2012.  In the obituary, it gave the names of his two siblings.  Using that information and a bit of technology, I was finally able to contact the family.  Tomorrow, these pictures will return home to the family, who I know will cherish these photographs of their grandfather Carnie and his baby sister, Vinita.
                                       

                                                  


1 comment:

  1. Hi. I'm the grandson who lives in New Zealand. I just saw this post. I see you've been in contact with someone, I'm assuming my sister, who is in the Midwest. Have you managed to get this photo to her?

    ReplyDelete